I had a quiet weekend, stayed home for most of it.
On Saturday the wind howled, rattling the windows, and with that, I had my excuse to stay inside.
I made breakfast; polenta porridge.
I watched tv, took a nap, read a book and then I bakedâ€¦
Cocoa Cashew White Chocolate Cookies, based on these Cocoa Peanut Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Baking cookies on an ominous afternoonâ€¦ very comforting
Cocoa Cashew White Chocolate Chip Cookies, (from the family kitchen)
- 2 cups + 2 Tbsp whole-wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup grapeseed oil (veg oil)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 3 Tbsp creamy almond butter (soften in microwave if needed to stir into dough)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup salted/roasted cashew nuts
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips (vegan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Stir in the wet ingredients
- Fold in the cashew nuts and chocolate chips
- Spoon dough onto greased cookie sheets
- Bake at 350 for about 11 minutes â€” or until edges crisp
- Cool at least 15 minutes before serving