I have a sweet tooth, thereâ€™s no denying it, and I donâ€™t make excuses for it â€“
I own itâ€¦ which is why Iâ€™m always ten pounds away from my ideal weight.
I love healthy food too, almost as much as I love junk food, so Iâ€™m constantly on the lookout for food that is all healthy, sweet and junk-ey.
Because letâ€™s face it, as blasÃ© as I am about my sweet tooth, the potential health implications arenâ€™t lost on me.
So while Iâ€™m trying to put my days of polishing off a pint of ice cream in two servings behind me, I still like to indulge.
This is where recipes like this sweet cashew cream comes in; it satisfies the sweet tooth but itâ€™s not all junk food.
Cashew cream is used mainly in raw-food diets as a substitute for dairy; raw cashews are soaked overnight, and blended into a smooth cream that can be used in both sweet and savoury recipes.
For this sweet cashew cream, I used roasted and salted cashews â€“
Roasted cashews are sweeter with a rich nutty flavour.
And salt is the greatest flavour enhancer.
Sweet Cashew Cream
- 1 cup roasted salted cashews (you can use cashew butter too)
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk (depends on desired thickness)
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- A drop of vanilla extract
- Sprinkles (optional)
- In a blender add almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract and cashews
- Blend until smooth
- Add a teaspoon of sprinkles if you want
- Store in an airtight container and seal tightly, it’ll keep in the fridge for several days
This sauce is amazing! Itâ€™s delicious; I slather it over bagels, toast and crackers.
Itâ€™s wonderful over ice cream, cakes, and other pastries, and as a dip for fruit.
I like to experiment with other nut butters too, almond butter, peanut butter, etc.