I donâ€™t do well with chaos and transitions; but thatâ€™s exactly what Iâ€™ve had to contend with these past couple of days.
See, the bathroom is being renovated; this needed to happen, but I wasnâ€™t prepared the mess and upheaval that came with the process.
I thought about checking into a hotel for a few days â€“ but luckily, I can recognize when Iâ€™m being a tad dramatic.
The repairs took just a few days, and the new bathroom is nice â€“ almost worth the inconvenience.
This weekend was settling, all we did was put up the Christmas tree.
And for dinner both nights we made salad; a hasty salad â€“ put together using stuff from around the house; apples, nuts, raisins and arugula.
The arugula, apple and walnuts salad is a take on Waldorf salad, based on this variation using Kale.
I love this salad, especially the dressing which uses apples, raisins and walnuts.
The dressing is creamy and tangy from the vinegar; and the salad is crisp, crunchy, sweet and tangy.
Arugula, Apple & Walnuts Salad
- 4 cups packed arugula leaves, with stems removed
- I large red apple, chopped and divided
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- Â½ cup walnuts, toasted and chopped, divided
- Â¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons raisins, divided
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons water, more if needed
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- In a large bowl toss arugula with the celery
- Add half the apple, 1/4 cups of walnuts and 1/4 cup of raisins.
- Put the remaining half of the apple in a blender along with 1/4 cup walnuts, 2 tablespoons raisins, mustard, water, vinegar and salt.
- PurÃ©e until well combined and slightly thick, adding water if needed to thin.
- Pour dressing over kale salad and toss to combine.