In a few hours it’ll be Saturday morning when all the toil and troubles of the past week slowly melts away.
I’m thinking vegan pancakes for breakfast
- 1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons of water
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1Â½ cup almond milk or other non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoon baking powder
- Â¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix the flax seed meal and water in a small bowl and let the mixture sit for two to three minutes to thicken
- Preheat a non-stick flat pan.
- Combine all the wet ingredients (flax, milk, maple & vanilla) in a bowl.
- Sift dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt) in another bowl.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and gently stir until evenly mixed, add more milk or flour if necessary – the batter should be thick.
- Let the mixture rest for about 10 minutes.
- Ladle batter onto the skillet, when bottoms of the pancakes are golden and bubbles
begin to appear on the tops, flip over.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes.