Cocoa Cashew White Chocolate Chip Cookies
I had a quiet weekend, stayed home for most of it.
On Saturday the wind howled, rattling the windows, and with that, I had my excuse to stay inside.
I made breakfast; polenta porridge.
I watched tv, took a nap, read a book and then I baked…
Cocoa Cashew White Chocolate Cookies, based on these Cocoa Peanut Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Baking cookies on an ominous afternoon… very comforting
Cocoa Cashew White Chocolate Chip Cookies, (from the family kitchen)
- 2 cups + 2 Tbsp whole-wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup grapeseed oil (veg oil)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 3 Tbsp creamy almond butter (soften in microwave if needed to stir into dough)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup salted/roasted cashew nuts
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips (vegan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Stir in the wet ingredients
- Fold in the cashew nuts and chocolate chips
- Spoon dough onto greased cookie sheets
- Bake at 350 for about 11 minutes — or until edges crisp
- Cool at least 15 minutes before serving