So long as there are sad looking browning bananas on the kitchen counter, I’ll find a recipe to throw them into.
Fluffy banana cake; this is my go-to use for bananas when I get tired of the old classic banana bread.
It’s an airy and light cake, with a hint of cardamom, vanilla and nutmeg.
A warm and comforting treat for the chilly days ahead.
Wonderful with slow cooked strawberries, this cake is vegan, simple and very easy to make.
The secret to it’s lightness is sifting the dry ingredients twice and getting the batter very smooth.
Fluffy Banana Cake
- 1/2 cup coconut milk + 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees f.
- Add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to 1/2 cup of coconut milk and set aside for 5 mins
- Blend milk, bananas, and sugar until smooth.
- Gradually add oil and vanilla, and blend until smooth.
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt, cardamom and nutmeg together twice.
- Combine flour and blended mixture, and mix well.
- Put the mixture into a greased pan.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, until top is golden brown.
- Let the cake cool before cutting.