When I first found this recipe for honeycomb toffee I imagined sweet hot and sticky summer afternoons.
Unfortunately this summer has proved to be one big tease, I don’t even want to get into it.
I decided I didn’t need a sunny day to make this candy; this is one of the coolest recipes I’ve ever made, so easy and so much fun.
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Put the sugar and golden syrup into a large saucepan and heat gently until the sugar has melted.
- Turn up the heat a little and let the mixture boil for a couple of minutes until it just starts to turn a deep golden colour.
- Remove the pan from the heat and quickly mix in the bicarbonate of soda – the mixture will foam up – and then pour it onto an oiled baking tray or a parchment-lined tray.
- Leave to cool and then break up as needed.